Saturday, February 26, 2011

Creativity and Black nail polish

Writing has always been a habit of mine and it wasn't until my senior year of high school where my love became even greater when I took creative writing. The writing I mean is the creative types, I absolutely abhor writing research papers or essays. I like to write opinion pieces, as many of my comments can be read on various websites, although I do not like to debate with those continually attack and can't have a simple discussions because hey we are all unique and different, but that doesn't mean we can't talk as civil adults.

Anyways this blog is going to take a major change from what I started it off with....haha.... so last night I painted my nails black. I have never done that before and I began to think of all the things associated when you see some wearing black fingernail polish. The first thought that comes to mind is that she is goth, but then you see her make up and clothing and x that one off. then your next thought is she must be punk and once again you look at her hair, clothing, and makeup and if that doesn't match, you are at a lost for words....

In my way of thinking, I see my fingernails and the black nail polish and I feel a sense of creativity. Realizing that I am a right brained person, who loves to write, sing, play piano, take photographs, and just imagine and I see that in the color of my fingernails. Some may say, black...hmm..that is kind of dark, but if you look at black from a different point of view, black is a mixture of all the colors, when I was first painting my nails I saw a hint of blue in the black.

The weird thing is I feel more comfortable wearing black nail polish then I would be wearing red nail polish. Whenever I rarely put nail polish on, I use very neutral colors, almost skin tone. I am a very neutral person on the outside, but on the inside I'm quite different. Wearing black nail polish feels a bit rebellious to my very neutral outside look and I like it.

This blog post might feel a little trivial compared to what's going on in the chaos that is our world, but I do have a point to speaking about the color of nail polish.

The Body of Christ in general in the United States is very much how I describe my outside as neutral, not really making a dent in this world, but not fading into the background, well almost not. There is a little group that do stand out because they are on fire for Jesus and I see that as me wearing my black nail polish. It stands out and it isn't the common norm and that is how as Christ followers we should be. Stop being apathetic, stop being neutral, put on some black nail polish and stand out in the crowd. The world should be able to tell us apart from those of this world. We should be the weird ones, who are crazy for Jesus. Like the Superchic[k] song "Hey, Hey" goes "So I won't sell out, even if the whole world thinks I'm crazy"

So get out of your norm, be a little crazy. Our love for Jesus should be showing to the world and not hidden in neutrality. We are in a battle for souls, this no time to be resting, heaven is where we will have our final rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment