Saturday, February 19, 2011

Anxiety, Jealousy, shame, pride, fear...


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6


This verse never affected me until this last year. We commonly mistake anxious with eager. If I had the problem of eagerness, I would be high flying. Anxiety is a serious thing and we shouldn't mistake, it is written in the Bible for a reason because I believe that Jesus realized how debilitating anxiety really is. He knew what kind of conniving tricks that the Prince of this World had for us, so that we can not spread the good name of Jesus Christ. I got pulled into the tricks and traps that Satan had laying out for me. It is such an easy thing to do, I do not hold any blame against Eve for taking a bite of that fruit as Satan is the master tempter...and with out our defense we are defenseless.

I now realize why the words prayer and petition do all things are added, God knows that we are weak to begin with in the fight against spiritual darkness and we need armor, protection, to defend us against this battle we are all thrown in. I have failed many times in my fight against depression and anxiety because I have been fighting without the one who created me.

My pride has been a wall that has blocked me and this pride has led to shame in having to say I need help. The thoughts that haunt in my head are "i'm letting people down, again...i'm so stupid." then I don't tell anyone...Satan is one conniving serpent, he knows this weakness I have and hits the right buttons and I just fold and take these lies of not being good enough as truth. Which they are all Lies!

I know all the answers in my head, but have I been following God with my heart, no...if I was, then I wouldn't be in this exact predicament. I will still have struggles, but they would be different ones and I can stop repeating the cycle I am in now.

Life is a journey of ups and downs, forks in the roads, rivers w/ and w/o bridges and our guide is our Lord Jesus Christ, he navigated this journey perfectly, but he had challenges, temptations that each one of us face. I now must read these words I write and apply them to my life. This moment, this time, is a turning point in this child of God's life. It is he, who gives me strength, it is he, I will obey, it is he, I will give my all, it is he, I will raise my hands in worship.


Wherever you are in your Journey, just know you are not alone and learn to accept help. It does not make you weak, but stronger as a person, and as we journey towards our final resting place, I pray we can gather together and press onward in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen


An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up.
Proverbs 12:25

1 comment: