Saturday, January 24, 2009

Untitled

So many thoughts run through my head,
and wishes they would cease
for it would be nice to have some quiet and listen to the stillness.

Why, oh why won't they stop taunting me
with what could be or most likely not.
Constantly moving, never stopping, always teasing.
My hopes, my fears, my wants, my needs, the desires of my heart.
Why, oh why is this so hard.
Ever waiting, ever pacing back and forth until the floor becomes so worn.
Seconds passing, tension rising, the unknown is what I fear.

Time is slowing, calm is coming to ease my growing fear.
But who is this that slows my pounding heart.
that makes me at peace with what is now
and not be anxious at what may come.
It is he, I will give my hopes, my fears, my wants, my needs, the desires of my heart.
The thoughts that taunt are not found.
because the one who saves has brought
the quiet that I had been ever wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment