Sunday, December 28, 2008

Photography





Everybody has heard the quote A picture is a thousand words, but do we really look at a picture and just try to figure out what those thousand words are? I love taking pictures, my sister has anointed me with the nickname "Zoom, Zoom". This year we had a family reunion and of course I took tons of photos. I love taking something ordinary and making it extraordinary. I'm from Nebraska and many say that is so boring and flat here. To me that is simply not true. People just glance at Nebraska, but don't truly search to see the beauty of the place. For instance traveling along I-80 is flat, well that is because when laying out the road they chose the flattest area. If you truly look beyond the interstate and take a journey on one of the many highways, you will see the rolling hills that are prevalent in Northeast Nebraska near the Platte River. If you even think that Nebraska is flat, why don't you check out South Dakota or Ohio and then get back to me on which state is the flattest. One of the things I love about Nebraska are the farmsteads. Too many, they look all the same, but to me, each farmstead has a history, a story of who lived there. Sometimes while I'm riding in the car, I look at these farmsteads and try to imagine their story. Is there a story that you can see through these pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment